The SocketScan S860 is a fast-scanning universal imager barcode scanner and passport reader with Bluetooth wireless technology. The scanner virtually captures any 1D/2D barcodes in milliseconds. Small, thin and easy to use, the scanner is optimized for attaching to mobile devices, enabling one-handed operation. Merchants can scan barcodes of products and the passports of consumers with one scanner. Scanning barcodes printed on labels or displayed on device screens, it reads all the most popular 2D barcodes and MRZ/passports, perfect for the travel industry retail point of sale, inventory management, sales order entry, field service, and other mobile business applications. Approximately the same size as a credit card, measuring less than ½ inch (1.27cm) thick and weighing less than two ounces, the S860 is one of the smallest and lightest barcode scanners and passport readers available in the market today. The S860 slips neatly into your pocket and fits comfortably in the palm of your hand when attached to a smartphone or other mobile device.
The S860 is designed to be software compatible with all applications. Updates on operating systems may alter the devices’ performance.
For the most reliable and consistent performance, please verify with your application provider that Socket Mobile’s latest CaptureSDK was implemented in your app.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Connects easily to a wide range of Bluetooth-enabled smartphones, tablets, notebooks, and desktop computers
- Apple® Certified for iOS – Guaranteed Compatibility - With our SDK integrated into over 700+ applications, Socket Mobile scanners are one of the most natively integrated scanners available today. Socket Mobile Scanners are also 100% compatible with any application out-of-the-box in HID (keyboard emulation) mode.
- Compatible with all Android and Windows devices and applications
- Scanning – Fast 2D/1D barcode scanning with highly visible and safe LED aimer and omnidirectional ability, allowing intuitive rapid scanning. Scans OCR A&B fonts, OCR USC, OCR passport, and OCR MICR (E13B) fonts.
- Decoding Ability - Reads damaged and poorly printed barcodes.
- LED Aimer - Bright, rectangular illumination field with LED dot for precise aiming.
- Size & Weight – Measuring less than ½ inch (1.27cm) thick and weighing less than two ounces (48g)
- User Feedback - With audible tones, vibrations, and Bluetooth indicators
- Long-Lasting Battery - Power to last a full work day, up to 10 hours
- One-Handed Operation – Attachable clip included
- Protective Material - Made with antimicrobial material for protection against potentially harmful bacteria
- Application Integration – Socket Mobile’s CaptureSDK enables easy integration in your applications to improve business productivity with fast, efficient and reliable data transfer over Bluetooth wireless technology
- Accessories - DuraSled Case, lanyard and wrist strap available (sold separately)
- Designed and Assembled in the USA
- Developer Support Available - The CaptureSDK is available with activation
- 1-Year Warranty - Barcode Scanner
- 90 Day Warranty - Charging cables, wrist straps and batteries purchased separately
- S860 Barcode Scanner
- Charging Cable
- Universal Klip
Standard Limited Warranty: