The SocketScan S840 is compact, efficient and cost-effective. It has the same speed and efficiency as the D840, minus the extra protective bulk. It has guaranteed scanning and software compatibility with the D840.
The SocketScan S840 is a fast-scanning 2D/1D imager barcode scanner with Bluetooth wireless technology. Small, thin and easy to use, the scanner is optimized for attaching to mobile devices, enabling one-handed operation. The S840 can scan barcodes printed on labels or displayed on device screens. It reads the most popular 2D/1D barcodes and is perfect for retail point of sale, inventory management, sales order entry, field service, and other mobile business applications. Approximately the same size as a credit card, measuring less than ½ inch (1.27cm) thick and weighing less than two ounces, the S840 is one of the smallest and lightest quality barcode scanners available in the market today. The S840 slips neatly into your pocket and fits comfortably in the palm of your hand when attached to a smartphone. The S840 is compatible with all applications in previous Socket Mobile scanners without software changes.
Certified by Apple® for iOS devices (iPad®, iPhone®, iPod Touch® devices) and compatible with Android and Microsoft Windows®.
- Attachable to mobile device for single-handed use
- Lightweight and easy to carry - fits into pocket or in the palm of hand
For customers that want versatility for retail POS, inventory management and other mobile applications.
- Includes a protective case for increased durability
- Robust charging dock versus charging cable
- Attachable to mobile devices for single-handed operation
Ideal for field service, and other mobile business applications.
Learn more about the DuraScan D840
- Sled protects both the phone and scanner
- Robust dock charges both the phone and scanner
- Combines your phone and scanner into a single-handed solution
Ideal for delivery services, stock counting, ticketing, and other application-driven mobile applications.
Learn more about the DuraSled DS840 for iPhone and Samsung
Check out our detailed selection guide for more.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology - Connects easily to a wide range of Bluetooth enabled smartphones, tablets, notebooks and desktop computers
- Certified by Apple® for iOS devices – Guaranteed Compatibility - With our SDK integrated in over 700+ applications, Socket Mobile scanners are one of the most natively integrated scanners available today. Socket Mobile Scanners can work as a keyboard and are 100% compatible with any application out-of-thebox in HID (keyboard emulation) mode.
- Compatible with all Android, Apple and Microsoft Windows devices and applicationsScanning – Fast 2D & 1D, omni-directional, barcode scanning with highly visible and safe LED aimer
- Decoding Ability - Reads damaged and poorly printed barcodes
- LED Aimer - Bright, rectangular illumination field with LED pointer for precise aiming
- Size & Weight – Measuring less than ½ inch (1.27cm) thick and weighing less than two ounces (48g)
- User Feedback - With audible tones, vibration and Bluetooth connection indicators
- Long-Lasting Battery - Power to last a full work day, up to 10 hours
- One-Handed Operation – Attachable clip included
- Protective Material - Made with antimicrobial material for protection against potentially harmful bacteria and easy to clean
- Application Integration – Socket Mobile’s Capture SDK enables easy integration in your applications to improve business productivity with fast, efficient and reliable data transfer over Bluetooth wireless technology
- Accessories - DuraSled Case, lanyard and wrist strap available (sold separately)
- Designed and Assembled in the USA
- Developer Support Available - The Capture SDK is available with subscription
- 1-Year Warranty - Barcode Scanner
- 90 Day Warranty - Charging cables, wrist straps and batteries purchased separately
- S840 barcode scanner
- Charging Cable
- Rechargeable battery (pre-installed)
- Universal Klip
Standard Limited Warranty: